Policy on hate speech
Our top priority is the safety of our creators, viewers, and partners, and we rely on each of you to help us safeguard this vibrant community. It's critical that you understand our Community Standards and how they contribute to our shared responsibility of keeping Supernova safe. Please take the time to read the policy below carefully. You can also find a complete list of our rules on this page.
On Supernova, hate speech is not tolerated. Based on any of the following characteristics, we remove content that promotes violence or hatred against individuals or groups:
- Your age
- Social class
- Race and ethnicity
- Gender Expression and Identity
- Country of origin
- Status of Immigration
- Sexual Preferences
- Victims and family members of major violent events
- Military Service
Please report any content that you believe violates this policy. Here are the instructions for reporting violations of our Community Guidelines. You can report the account if you've found multiple violations.
What does this policy imply for you?
If the purpose of the content is to do one or more of the following, do not post it on Supernova.
- Incite violence against individuals or groups based on any of the aforementioned characteristics. Threats are not tolerated on Supernova, and implied threats of violence are taken seriously.
- Incite hatred toward individuals or groups based on any of the aforementioned characteristics.
- Comparing individuals or groups to animals, insects, pests, disease, or any other non-human entity in order to dehumanise them.
- Praise or glorify violence against individuals or groups on the basis of the aforementioned characteristics.
- Using racial, religious, or other slurs and stereotypes to incite or promote hatred based on any of the aforementioned characteristics. This can take the form of speech, text, or imagery that promotes or treats stereotypes as fact.
- Assert that individuals or groups are physically or mentally inferior, deficient, or diseased as a result of any of the aforementioned characteristics. This includes statements implying that one group is less intelligent, capable, or damaged than another.
- Use a group's superiority over those with any of the aforementioned characteristics to justify violence, discrimination, segregation, or exclusion.
- Conspiracy theories claiming that people or groups are evil, corrupt, or malicious because of any of the aforementioned characteristics.
- Demand the subjugation or dominance of individuals or groups based on any of the aforementioned characteristics.
- Refute the existence of a well-documented, violent event.
- Assaults on a person's emotional, romantic, and/or sexual attraction to someone else.
- Content containing hateful supremacist propaganda, such as requests for financial support for their ideology or recruitment of new members.
- Lyrics, metadata, or imagery in posts that promote hateful supremacism.
Penalties such as monetary fines and other sanctions
We may remove content or impose other penalties in rare cases when a creator:
- Encourages abusive audience behaviour on a regular basis.
- Throughout multiple uploads, repeatedly targets, insults, and abuses a group based on the above-mentioned characteristics.
- Puts a group with the aforementioned characteristics at risk of physical harm as a result of the local social or political context.
- Produces content that harms the Supernova ecosystem by inciting animosity toward a group with the characteristics listed above for personal financial gain.
Here are some examples of hate speech that will not be tolerated on Supernova.
- "I'm glad this [violent incident] occurred." They got what they deserved [referring to those with the aforementioned characteristics].”
- "[Person with above-mentioned attributes] is a dog" or "[Person with above-mentioned attributes] is an animal."