Charities and our Community
Support for charities is a very important and unique part of what we do on Supernova.
Equally, Charities are also a part of our community and are bound by our Community Standards for the protection of our Community as a whole.
Here are some of the key guidelines for our Community Standards as they relate to Charities:
- Please note all our charity partners are subject to the regulatory requirements of the Charities Commission; for further detail see the Charities Commission
- Our Charity Partners are those featured in the Action Fund and Impact sections of the app,
- If you are not an official Supernova Charity Partner, you may post about your activities but please do not post links to your sites or canvas for donations,
- Instead, please contact us at [email protected] to apply for partnership, we'd love to hear from you and see how we can help,
- For the protection of our Community, only approved partner charities that are approved by Supernova may canvass for funding or support,
- A note to all members of our community: check before you join these charities or make donations to them; Supernova cannot be responsible for fraudulent charity links or posts,
- Please note all the following Community Guidelines as set out here apply equally to and in protection of our charity partners and our stakeholders of all kinds as with any and all members of our Community,
- The guidelines as they refer, for example, to Spam and deceptive practices apply in equal measure to charity related activities as to any other subject and the 3 Strike Rule will also apply to violations of these guidelines,
- Please do not donate to charities directly through Supernova; instead, please go to the websites of the charities you wish to support and ensure you are comfortable with the Charities' authenticity before donating.
- If in doubt, donate only to the Charity partners you'll find on Supernova in the Action Fund and Impact pages,
- Remember, you do not have to donate to charities to help them on Supernova- you support them just by spending time on the app and seeing the ads and messages from our Sponsors ☺
Spam and deceptive practices
- Fake engagement
- Links in content
- Spam, deceptive practices and scams
- Child safety
- Custom thumbnails
- Nudity and sexual content
- Suicide and self-injury
Violent or dangerous content
- Harassment and cyberbullying
- Harmful or dangerous content
- Hate speech
- Violent criminal organisations
- Violent or graphic content
- COVID-19 misinfo policy
- Content that features firearms
- Sale of illegal or regulated goods
- Additional policies
After review by our trained human review teams, Supernova takes action on flagged content.
Our reviewers decide if the content violates our policies, and allow content that has educational, documentary, scientific or artistic purpose or value. Our teams will remove or re-classify (e.g. age-restrict) content that violates our policies. Our automated flagging systems also help us identify and remove spam automatically, as well as re-uploads of content that we've already reviewed and determined violates our policies.