Fake Engagement Policy
Our top priority is the safety of our creators, viewers, and partners. We rely on each of you to assist us in safeguarding this unique and vibrant community. It's critical that you understand our Community Standards and how they contribute to our shared responsibility of keeping Supernova safe. Please read the following policy carefully. You can also find a complete list of our rules on this page.
Supernova does not allow anything that artificially inflates the number of views, likes, comments, or any other metric, whether through automated systems or serving posts to unwitting viewers. Content that exists solely to incentivize viewer engagement (views, likes, comments, etc.) is also prohibited.
Content that does not adhere to this policy may be removed from Supernova.
Important: If you hire someone to promote your account, their choices may have an impact on it. Any action taken by you or someone you've hired that violates our policies could result in content removal or an account takedown.
When a human user's primary intent is to interact with content without coercion or deception, we consider engagement to be legitimate.
Report any content that you believe violates this policy. Here are the instructions for reporting violations of our Community Standards. You can report the account if you've discovered content that you feel is in violation.
What does this policy imply for you?
If your content fits any of the descriptions below, don't post it on Supernova.
- Provides links to or promotes third-party services that inflate metrics such as views, likes, and subscribers artificially.
- Links to or advertisements for third-party view count or subscriber gaming websites or services
- Offering to Like another creator's post in exchange for them liking yours (“Like4Like”)
- Please note that you are permitted to encourage viewers to Like, Share, or Comment on your post.
- Content in which a creator buys their views from a third party in order to promote the service
All Supernova products and features are subject to this policy.
Remember that this isn't an exhaustive list.
How is engagement assessed?
Here are some examples of prohibited content on Supernova:
- A post in which a creator demonstrates how they were able to buy fake page traffic from a third party.
- A post in which the author, in a promotional or supportive context, links to a third-party artificial page traffic provider. For instance, ‘I got 1 million subscribers in a day on this post, and you can too!’
- A post that uses deception to force or trick viewers into watching another post (for example: a misleadingly labelled info card)
- Accounts dedicated to artificial account engagement traffic or businesses that exist solely to promote artificial account engagement traffic
Remember that these are just examples, and don't post anything if you think it might be against the rules.
What happens if content is found to be in violation of the policy?
If your content is found to be in violation of this policy, we will remove it and notify you via email. If this is your first violation of our Community Guidelines, you will receive a warning and your account will not be penalised. If it isn't, we'll give your account a warning. Your account will be terminated if you receive three strikes.
More information about our strikes system can be found here.